Black Velvet Cake. Black velvet buttermilk cake is light, fluffy and has a rich and velvety texture. Combine it with vanilla buttercream for a lighter taste or chocolate ganache for a rich and decadent cake. At this point in time you might be thinking, if we're using THAT Tips for Making This Black Velvet Cake: Be sure to mix your cake batter just until the ingredients are.
I shared my black velvet cake recipe, juggled my baby, and answered a few questions. Chocolate buttercream, chocolate chip cookies, fondant, and vanilla chiffon cake are all on the list. It's all the rage right now and I have a delicious black velvet cake recipe for you that you're gonna love! You can have Black Velvet Cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Velvet Cake
- You need of Cake:.
- You need of Ghee, 188g + More For Greasing.
- Prepare of Guinness Stout,.
- Prepare of Black Cocoa Powder,.
- It’s of Demerara Sugar,.
- It’s of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- Prepare of Sour Cream,.
- You need of Eggs,.
- It’s of Pure Vanilla Paste,.
- It’s of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Prepare of Sea Salt,.
- It’s of Frosting:.
- It’s of Cream Cheese,.
- It’s of Demerara Sugar Powder,.
- It’s of Heavy Whipping Cream,.
- Prepare of Raw Cacao Powder, For Dusting.
This Black Velvet cake is a striking number. With four layers of chocolate cake interleaved with the silkiest chocolate black buttercream, there is no-one quite like this cake. The cake is a rich black velvet cake to contrast the bright white vanilla buttercream frosting. This black velvet cake is a simple adaptation of Martha Stewarts Red Velvet Cake.
Black Velvet Cake step by step
- Prepare cake. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius or 350 fahrenheit. Grease cake pan with ghee, lined with parchment paper and grease the paper with some more ghee. In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt ghee..
- It will start "singing". Once the "singing" is subtle, add Guinness stout. *Be careful as it may splash*. It will start to bubble rapidly. Once the bubbling is subtle, add in the cocoa powder and sugar..
- Remove from heat and stir to combine well. Keep stirring until the sugar has melted. In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, egg and vanilla until well combined. Add this mixture into the ghee mixture gradually while still stirring..
- In another bowl, combine flour and salt well. Fold the flour mixture into ghee mixture in 1/3 portions at a time until everything is incorporated well. Transfer the cake batter into the prepared cake pan. Wack into the oven and bake for 40 mins or it pass the skewer test..
- The center will rise and crack despite not adding any leavening agents due to the PH level of black cocoa powder. Set aside to cool down completely. Once the cake is cooled, transfer into a cake stand or a serving plate..
- Prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, add cream cheese. Using a hand or stand mixer, whip until light and fluffy. Add in demerara sugar powder. *To make demerara sugar powder, simply blitz until powder forms in a spice grinder or blender.*.
- Continue whipping until well combined. Add in the whipping cream. Whip until stiff peaks form. Spread this frosting on top of the cake. Lastly, dust with some cocoa powder. Slice and serve warm or chilled..
Black Velvet Cake Recipe: Blackest Black Cake Recipe with Buttemilk. Here's how to make this perfect black velvet cake without artificial food coloring. The Black Velvet Cake recipe brings a new approach with the choice of cocoa powder, as well as a rich and creamy No matter what your favorite dessert is, it's hard to resist a fudgy and velvety cake. I settled on black velvet cake for the cake's interior, but I also wanted to make things a little more interesting. After our dinner at Blackbeard's Seafood Island, we strolled around Greenbelt, Glorietta and along Ayala Ave, looking for a place where we can go for a.