Fig Ricotta Cake.
You can cook Fig Ricotta Cake using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fig Ricotta Cake
- You need of softened butter plus some for the pan.
- It’s of sugar plus some for sprinkling on top and coating pan.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of whole milk ricotta, room temperature.
- Prepare of heaping tablespoons sour cream.
- It’s of vanilla.
- Prepare of lemon zest.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of kosher salt.
- You need of figs, stemmed and quartered.
Fig Ricotta Cake step by step
- Take 4 figs and place in 400 oven on baking sheet for 20 minutes. When roasted place in blender and purée. If needed, add a little water. Set aside..
- Set oven to 375. Prepare a 9 inch springform pan by buttering generously and coating sides and bottom with sugar..
- Cream 10 T of butter with one cup sugar for 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating fully. Add ricotta, sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat until combined. Don’t worry if it looks curdled or lumpy..
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add fig purée. Beat just until combined..
- Pour into pan and smooth the top. Place fig quarters gently on top of cake. Sprinkle generously with sugar..
- Bake for approximately 40-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean and top is browned. Cake may need additional time in baking..
- If making with peaches and raspberries, add one half pint of raspberries to batter and 3 sliced peaches and a half pint raspberries to top of cake..