Blackberry Cornmeal Cake.
You can cook Blackberry Cornmeal Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blackberry Cornmeal Cake
- Prepare of all purpose flour (spooned and leveled).
- It’s of yellow cornmeal.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of plus 2 tbsp. sugar, and 1/4 cup for sprinkling.
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- You need of large eggs.
- It’s of unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 tbsp. for skillet.
- Prepare of fresh blackberries.
Blackberry Cornmeal Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar..
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and melted butter; pour over flour mixture, whisking to combine..
- In a 10-inch skillet (preferably cast-iron), heat remaining tablespoon butter in the oven until melted and skillet is hot, about 5 minutes..
- Remove from oven; swirl to coat bottom of pan. Pour batter into skillet; scatter blackberries on top, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar..
- Bake, with a baking sheet on rack below (to catch any drips), until top is evenly browned, 45 to 50 minutes..
- Let cool slightly, about 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen; cut into 8 wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature..