German Chocolate Cake.
You can have German Chocolate Cake using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- You need of Package baker's German sweet chocolate.
- You need of boiling water.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of eggs, separated.
- Prepare of vanilla.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of buttermilk.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- You need of evaporated milk.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of slightly beaten egg yolks.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of vanilla.
- Prepare of shredded coconut.
- You need of chopped pecans.
German Chocolate Cake step by step
- Melt chocolate with water, you can do this by combining ingredients and microwaving them in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals stirring in-between..
- Cream butter and sugar. Next beat in egg yolks..
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix in flour baking soda and salt..
- Beat in flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk..
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form, fold into batter..
- Pour batter into a greased/nonstick 9×13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Oven temp: 350 degrees..
- While the cake is cooking in the oven, combine evaporated milk, sugar, slightly beaten egg yolks, butter or margarine, and vanilla in a saucepan. It should take about 20 minutes. Stir constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat..
- Stir in shredded coconut and chopped pecans. Cool until thick enough to spread. Makes 4-1/4 cups..
- Once everything is cool, frost cake and enjoy!.