old school butter pound cake. This is what you guys have been waiting for! I put off making it but it turned out great. This cake will get you raves wherever you bring it.
Old School Butter Pound CakeJust a Pinch. The pound cake is so buttery and moist. This recipe is a simple, classic pound cake. You can have old school butter pound cake using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of old school butter pound cake
- Prepare of cake flour.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- It’s of unsalted butter room temperature.
- It’s of cream cheese room temperature.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of almond extract.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of large eggs.
Cut yourself a slice alongside a cup of tea. · This Old Fashioned Pound Cake recipe is one my mother made often throughout my childhood. Dense and buttery, this traditional pound cake is the perfect blank canvas. *Tried & True* Southern Butter Pound Cake with a touch a buttermilk! Old-fashioned recipe with fluffy, moist crumb! Easy to make. "Tried & True, Southern Butter Pound Cake!
old school butter pound cake instructions
- Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until mixture comes together. Add sugar,salt and extract beat until light and fluffy..
- Reduce speed to Lowest. Add eggs one at a time alternating with flours one half cup at a time until all eggs and flour are used..
- Transfer to a buttered oil and flour 10 cup shaped pan such as a bundt pan. Place in cold oven heat oven to 325 degrees bake until a inserted tester comes out clean, about one and a half hours..
- To remove cake from pan let cool on wire rack..
This pound cake is such an old-fashioned classic with a tender crumb and incredible flavor!" While most traditional pound cake recipes call for equal weights of flour, sugar, eggs, and butter, Rose's recipe incorporates milk, lots of extra butter The result is a rich and buttery yet fluffy pound cake that melts in your mouth. Rose writes: "This cake not only has a silky-smooth dissolving texture. This is my wife's pound cake recipe and it is the best that I have ever had. After reading the reviews I was expecting an outstanding cake, but I am disappointed. The cake is dry and doesn't have a rich buttery flavor.