Strawberry Chiffon Cake.
You can cook Strawberry Chiffon Cake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Chiffon Cake
- You need of fresh strawberry.
- It’s of large egg yolks.
- It’s of canola oil.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of large egg whites.
- It’s of sugar.
Strawberry Chiffon Cake step by step
- Prepare a chiffon cake pan. DO NOT grease the pan. Preheat the oven 340°F..
- Puree the strawberries. Combine the strawberry puree with egg yolks, salt and oil in a mixing bowl. Mix in flour until the batter well combined and smooth..
- Put the egg whites in a mixing bowl. Check to make sure bowl and beaters are completely clean and dry. (The smallest trace of yolk, water, or fat can prevent the whites from obtaining maximum volume.) Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add in sugar (in 3 batches), beating on high speed until frothy and stiff peaks form. you can test by lifting beaters straight up from egg whites. Peaks should remain on top of the egg whites, and when bowl is tilted, mixture should not slide around..
- Gently fold (do not beat or stir so the volume is not lost) the meringue (the beaten egg whites) into egg yolk batter in 3-4 batches..
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until the cake is done. Check with a skewer, when it's done, the skewer will come out dry and clean..
- When the cake is done, remove from oven then invert the pan onto table until completely cooled. This is a very important step so the cake will not sink..
- Take the cake out of the pan and slice. Serve it as is or with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy..