Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options. Typical mug cakes are made with all purpose flour and granulated sugar so Since this carrot cake in a mug is sugar free, low in carbs and grain free, you can certainly enjoy it in Carrot Mug Cake. Ever find yourself craving something comforting and sweet, yet you'd rather not spend the time whipping up an elaborate dessert that will leave you with lots left over? This is the perfect opportunity to make a single-serving vegan mug cake!
I love carrot cake (hello, Tropical Carrot Cake and Carrot Cake Cupcakes) and I also love mug cakes, so I was pretty excited at the prospect of a Vegan Carrot Cake Mug Cake recipe. And what's great about this mug cake is that it's seriously easy to make, and, as it's refined sugar free, it's also. See more ideas about Vegan carrot cakes, Carrot cake, Vegan desserts. · Easy Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins loaded with healthy ingredients and make a delicious on-the-go breakfast or snack. You can cook Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options
- Prepare of flax egg (1 teaspoon flax, 2 teaspoons water) (or 1/4 of an egg).
- It’s of oil, I used safflower.
- It’s of vanilla.
- It’s of grated carrot.
- You need of applesauce.
- It’s of chopped walnuts.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- It’s of sugar (I used demerara).
- Prepare of coconut flakes (optional, will increase fat content).
- Prepare of baking soda.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- You need of salt.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare of cream cheese or vegan cream cheese.
- Prepare of soy milk.
- It’s of maple sugar.
- You need of vanilla extract.
Oil free + Gluten Free Option. The carrot cake above is topped with my Cream Cheese Greek Yogurt Frosting – which I even successfully made vegan! It also tastes amazing topped with melted coconut butter (one of my favorite ways to eat carrot cake), or the cake is so perfectly spiced and flavorful that you might want to simply. I away though carrot cake would be hard to make.
Low fat carrot mug cake with vegan options instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F..
- Mix ground flax and water to form a flax egg. Let it sit for a minute, then add the oil and vanilla. Mix..
- Add the carrots, applesauce, and walnuts. Mix..
- In a separate bowl add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt. Mix..
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix..
- Lightly grease an oven safe mug. Spoon mixture into mug, pat down and smooth..
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes. Then use a knife to work around the edge and remove the cake. Let cool completely..
- Mix the frosting ingredients and put frosting on cake. Enjoy!.
Carrot cake "needs" to be two layers, so a bit of a change in baking. A few changes and options in ingredients, and since I was doing layers, I needed. Carrot Cake Mug Cake – A perfect one-serving dessert that tastes just like a carrot cake! They are so easy to make and a lot more exciting then a boring grilled cheese sandwich or any of my normal options, I don't usually get super creative when it comes to lunch so these have been a welcome. Unbelievably delicious sugar free, fat free, vegan carrot cake made with whole wheat flour.