Mile high chocolate cake. A sky-high cake consisting of six luscious layers of moist chocolate cake, luxuriously light chocolate mousse, and a finale of rich chocolate ganache! What's more exciting than surprising your Valentine with a sparkly Tiffany ring or a shiny new Rolex watch? The origin of the name is unknown, but its signature ingredients—mashed banana, pineapple, coconut and.
Combine both chocolates in medium bowl. Bring cream and corn syrup to simmer in heavy saucepan. Buckle your seatbelts… because the mother of all chocolate cakes has landed! You can have Mile high chocolate cake using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mile high chocolate cake
- It’s of fine-quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s of sifted cake flour (not self-rising; sift before measuring).
- Prepare of unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process).
- Prepare of baking soda.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of large eggs, at room temperature (30 minutes).
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of packed light brown sugar.
- You need of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of sour cream.
- You need of For frosting:.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process).
- It’s of whole milk.
- You need of fine-quality unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped.
- You need of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need of Equipment: 2 (8 by 2-inch) round cake pans.
Send your taste buds soaring with our new Mile High Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake. Six layers of luxuriously rich chocolate sponge sandwiched with caramel. COCOA ICING: Combine butter, and chocolate in the top of a double boiler. What's more exciting than surprising your Valentine with a sparkly Tiffany ring or a shiny new Rolex watch?
Mile high chocolate cake instructions
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle. Butter cake pans, then line bottom of each with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment. Flour pans, knocking out excess. Melt chocolate with butter, then cool. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt..
- Beat eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and thick, 3 to 5 minutes. At low speed, mix in melted chocolate until incorporated, then add flour mixture in 3 batches alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture and mixing until each addition is just incorporated. Spread batter evenly in pans several times on counter to eliminate air bubbles..
- Bake until cakes pull away from sides of pans and a wooden pick inserted in center of each comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes..
- Cool in pans on a rack 10 minutes, then run a knife around edges of pans. Invert onto racks and discard parchment, then cool completely, about 1 hour..
- Make frosting and assemble cake: Whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, then add milk and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture boils, and is smooth and thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a bowl to cool to room temperature, covering surface with parchment paper to prevent a skin from forming..
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy, then add cooled chocolate mixture a little at a time, beating until frosting is fluffy and spreadable..
- Cut each cake layer horizontally into 2 layers with a long serrated knife. Put 1 layer on a cake stand or large plate and spread top with 1 1/4 cups frosting. Repeat with 2 more layers, then add remaining layer and spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting..
- Cheat: if you wish: instead of making the frosting, use Duncan Hines Milk or Dark Chocolate Frosting. Enjoy!.
Buy Kosher Mile High Cakes Online Today! Baking at a high altitude can be pretty tricky and can lead to cupcakes that fail to rise or cookies that Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop the dough into mounds of your desired size and place them on a Excellent! Simple recipe and works perfectly at one mile elevation. To assemble cakes, place one frzn cake on a large rectangular platter or possibly tray.