Cranberry Upside Down Cake.
You can have Cranberry Upside Down Cake using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cranberry Upside Down Cake
- You need of firmly packed brown sugar.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of fresh or frozen cranberries.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of ground ginger.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- You need of ground cloves.
- Prepare of butter, room temperature.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- You need of large eggs.
- It’s of orange zest.
- Prepare of sour cream (or Greek yogurt).
- You need of milk.
Cranberry Upside Down Cake instructions
- Generously grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cake pan..
- In a small saucepan, place the brown sugar and butter. On medium-high heat, stir sugar until the butter melts. Once the butter is melted and mixed in well with the sugar, stop stirring and let simmer for 15 seconds..
- Pour the brown sugar mixture into the prepared pan. Spread the cranberries over the top..
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and ground cloves..
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter until light. Add the sugar together and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the orange zest..
- Mix a third of the dry ingredients into the mixture. Add in half of the sour cream. Mix in another third of the dry ingredients, followed by the rest of the sour cream. Beat in the remaining dry ingredients, followed by the milk..
- Pour the batter over the cranberries into the cake pan. Smooth the surface. Place in the preheated oven and lower the temperature from 350 to 325. Bake for 55 minutes to an hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Run a blunt knife around the inside rim of the cake pan to loosen the cake then turn the cake out onto a platter..
- Enjoy as is or you can add a dollop of whipped cream or some vanilla ice cream for extra yumminess!.